Wednesday, November 21, 2012

THE NEXT BIG THING: STEALING NIGHT

Last week, Simon McCaffery tagged me in The Next Big Thing. He was tagged by Weston Ochse. This is a daisy-chain series of blog posts in which authors answer questions about their upcoming or latest works. 

Check out past posts from Simon McCaffery, John Skipp, and Weston Ochse. And check out next week's posts from those who accepted my invitation to participate: Trent Zelazny, Kate Jonez, James Grady, and Gwen Perkins.
 
 
 
What is the working title of your next book?

Stealing Night

Where did the idea come from for the book?

One: I had a number of disquieting dreams following a bad car accident. They all involved oncoming headlights. Two: Having recently created the fictional town of Sunfall, Nebraska in my novella Sunfall Manor, I was dying to know more about the town and its people. Strangely, the book that came out of this marriage isn't a traditional horror tale. It's a thriller, and a damn good one, I think.

What genre does your book fall under?

Crime Drama. Thriller.

What actors would you chose to play the part of your characters in the movie rendition?

I'd like to see Jack played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I'll catch some hell for this, but I think Bryce Dallas Howard would be perfect as Paige. I think William Petersen would make a terrific Chuck. In terms of Nora, I can't say; I'm not really up on child actors at the moment. I like Taylor Kitsch in the role of Lee. 

What is the one-sentence synopsis for your book?

While seeking enlightenment in hope of providing a better life for his niece, a man becomes an unwitting accomplice to a tragic crime.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Stealing Night is under contract with Nightscape Press.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

6 weeks.

What other books would you compare this book to?

The Color of Light by William Goldman.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

My need to make the nightmares go away, and my desire to learn more about Sunfall.

What else about this book might pique the reader's interest?

One doesn't have to read Sunfall Manor to understand Stealing Night. Wanted to get that out of the way. It's a transformative work, and probably my most sensitive. Like all my stuff, it is dark. It's also a short novel of about 180 pages, so it respects your time, but it packs a punch.

This is what Rena Mason, one of my first readers, had to say about it:

Stealing Night masterfully weaves themes of humanity and sacrifice into a story of love, life, and redemption. Peter Giglio’s compelling thriller will keep you captivated until the very end!”
Rena Mason, author of The Evolutionist


The novel will be released in eBook and print next April by Nightscape Press. Hope everyone checks it out.

Happy Holidays!

Peter Giglio







No comments:

Post a Comment